As Executive Producer for Blister Media, part of my job includes marketing the company to new breed technology/content companies who create advertising and entertainment for the web. Back in 1998, when we founded the company, I sketched out some ideas for a virtual vision statement, which I'm not sure ever got fully executed. But thought I'd publish some of those initial thoughts here under the guise of an Interactive Audio Manifesto. The title is tongue and cheek, but the bullet points may have some inspirational value–
INTERACTIVE AUDIO MANIFESTO
• Experimentation yields great advances in science and technology; The same is true for art.
• If your ears are hungry, feed them music.
• The consumer is your audience.
• Audiences demand to be entertained.
• They’re not just ‘eyeballs’. They’re eyeballs with brains.
• When given a choice, audiences don’t buy bland.
• Information and Entertainment are most effective when combined.
• Nothing identifies you like your face. Except your voice.
• Audio is most effective when used judiciously:
1. Use it to brand.
2. Use it to entertain.
3. Use it to convey information.
Anything else is wasted bandwidth